Something to add?

Email tdogood@hotmail.com with contributions or comment in the Suggestion Box. Anonymity guaranteed.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What’s it all about, Chuck?

Tagline: “Any more wily and I’d be a serpent.”

Chuck Wilson writes,

Because Erskine once was so good, we have allowed Erskine to be made into an idol. At this point in time, God has called us to deal with the Baal cult of Erskine. A good institution that was organized to advance the cause of the gospel of the church of Jesus Christ has
gone from being an agency of the church that advanced the mission of the church to being an object of worship and adoration that promotes unbelief.

I took Crenshaw’s English classes along with the rest of my liberal arts curriculum, but I doubt even Crenshaw could figure out the logic or verbiage here. Because Erskine was excellent, we have NOW allowed it to be an idol? Huh? “Baal cult” at Erskine? What? Erskine has turned into an institution that “promotes unbelief?” I don’t get it. Rev. Patrick and two interns are still on the staff at Erskine, right? Professors are still required to swear to affirm inerrancy of scripture, right? Most students are Christians, right? Bible classes are still required for graduation, right?

Ah, I understand! Because Dr. Burnett rejects inerrancy of scripture and Dr. Crenshaw challenges ARP doctrine, Erskine has turned into the “cult of Baal” and forces “unbelief” on students! You’re right Chuck – why didn’t I think of that?

 

Obligatory “Quote Me, Chuck” Corner: I feel the need to include at least one grammatical error in every post just in case I am ever quoted by Chuck, for as we all know, Chuck loves nothing better than marking each and every mistake with "[sic].” I try to oblige him. Gee wiz ersKing we need to kick out these arp’s fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment